Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lent Challenge: Day 5 - Sunday Songs #6

For those who haven't been reading my blog for very long, click here to view my first Sunday Song Post.


This week I am dedicating my post to my wonderful, older brother, Adam.

Adam is older than me by 3 years, four months, and 6 days.We have been pretty close throughout my entire life.  In elementary school, we would ride the bus home together and then spend the rest of the time until our parents go home watching VH1. I spefically remember Adam and I switching off between who got to watch what during every thirty minute intervals. For example, I would get to choose what to watch from 3 until 3:30 and he would get to choose what to watch from 3:30 to 4. However, if the Top Ten Countdown or Pop-Up Video was on, then we would be sure to be watching it! During the summer of 1997, I remember watching the Top Ten Countdown with Aerosmith's "Don't Want to Miss a Thing" and Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" were in the race for the number one stop. I would always root for Celine's, but Aerosmith always go it. Love me some Celine :)

Another memory I have about Adam is car rides to school. From seventh grade until 9th grade, I rode to school with Adam. I LOVED his music selection. My favorite times were after school and we would ride home with the windows down with the music blaring. Good times.

Below are songs that remind me of Adam and the good times we have had:

Gin Blossoms - Follow You Down
Counting Crows - American Girls

Fastball - The Way

Goo Goo Dolls - Slide

Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue


Until next time,
K

0 comments:

Post a Comment