Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lent Challenge: Day 9 - Exercising

On Tuesday, I got to do something that I haven't really done in quite some time.






Here is a little clue....


Yes, I went swimming! I definitely did not look at cute as this little girl does swimming. I do need to purchase some goggles like that though :)

I have been trying to run more to prepare for the Cooper River Bridge run, but unfortunately, I pushed myself too hard, and the doctor told me it would be best to find other outlets for working out. My parents keep hounding encouraging me to stop running so much and do something else. I finally listened to them after I hurt myself. I have wanted to swim for awhile now, but just haven't gotten the nerve to go to the pool in the student center on campus. Well, on Tuesday, I finally did and I am glad I did! I enjoyed it so much. I forgot how much I love the water and swimming. I am planning on making it a weekly (if not more than once a week) routine to swim a few laps.

I keep hearing how good it is for your body because it's low impact. I am just hoping that I can get the affect that I was with jogging/running.

I hope you have a wonderful day! God bless :)

Until next time,
K

1 comments:

Candace said...

Sounds like a great excuse to buy a new baithing suit! And, you can come to Sav and I'll swim with you in the ocean. Or you can come stay at my house and we'll go to splash in the boro.
PS-I get to see your sweet parents tomorrow!

Post a Comment