Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent Challenge: Day 1

I never really know when Lent starts. I always think it starts the Thursday after Ash Wednesday, but that doesn't make much sense with Tuesday being called "Fat Tuesday".  I guess I will be starting all of this on Wednesday then. Giving it up for good for the next 40ish days. Technically, Sundays do not count in Lent so I could get on to Facebook on these days, but I want to try and refrain from it.

Facebook is too much of a distraction for me. I have PLENTY of other things to be doing. There is always something that needs to be completed for school. I just found out this past Thursday that I will be going to Argentina for six weeks this summer (God willing!!), so I have PLENTY of preparations to do for that.

My goal for the next 40ish days is to replace the time I would be spending on Facebook with more productive activities.

I am going to miss not knowing whose birthday is coming up, so I am going to go ahead and wish everyone a HAPPY BIRTHDAY that has one in the next 40ish days. If you want to stay in contact with what's going on in my life, I plan on blogging everyday for the next 40ish days. You can also email me at Kacey2395@hotmail.com or even better, CALL ME :)

I am excited for this challenge. If you decided to give something up for Lent, I pray that the temptation of pursuing it during this time will decrease and that you will be able to refocus your attention on other things. Feel free to email me any prayers requests that you may have. I am here for any kinds of encouragement or support.

Until next time,
K

0 comments:

Post a Comment