Saturday, May 7, 2011

First Day of Summer

Maybe today is actually my second day of summer since I moved home yesterday. Well, either way, it's THE SUMMER!

I am thankful it is May and the summer is here. The last few weeks seemed to drag on and on. I stayed pretty busy the last few weeks with projects, papers, and exams. Thankfully I only had ONE in-class exam. Unfortunately, it was Physics and it just happened to fall on Saturday night. I survived the exams 3 and 1/2 hours later and even passed the class with a B+. I have NO idea how that happened, but I am pleased with it none the less. I got all A's in the rest of my classes. This semester marks the end of classes for my undergraduate degree because next semester I will be student teaching. Speaking of student teaching, I found out where I will be teaching. Yayy!

This semester has been a learning opportunity. I have walked away from it with many lessons. Below are some that I can think of off the top of my head:
  1. Patience. Patience. Patience. I was done with classes back in February. I was ready to be in a classroom and working with students. Then at the beginning of March, I found out I was going to Argentina and I was then ready to go then. God has taught me to be patient with His Timing and to appreaciate what I have now.
  2. Support Raising for Argentina. I have seen some amazing and indescribable things done during my support raising. When I first got accepted, I had to have at least $2,500 raised three weeks later. Right then, I didn't think I would be able to get it. I realize now that I was relying on my own doing and not His doing. I learned how to NOT worry about money and to trust that God will provide.
  3. Friendships and relationships. God has brought some amazing people in my life. I am thankful for each and every one of them.
  4. Course Load. I might have overdone it this semester by taking 19 hours (again), but I made it through. It was tough, but once again, it is possible to take that many hours and do well.
There is so much more I have learned about God, life, and my self this semester. Thank You, God for life's challenges and blessings. They are all opportunities to see Your Glory revealed.

I leave for Argentina in NINE days. What?!?! I am sooo excited! As I am unpacking my belongings from school, I am slowly packing for my trip. This upcoming week will consist of packing, hanging out with my family, hanging out with friends, taking some dance lessons (Swing, Mumba, Tango, Salsa), working out, and wherever the road takes me!

I hope you have a great and blessed day tomorrow. Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there!

Until next time,
K

0 comments:

Post a Comment