Sunday, May 29, 2011

Argentina Summer Project: Day 13

Hola!


It is the weekend for me here in Argentina. The weather is beautiful and we have been enjoying it as much as we can.


This past week was amazing!!! We spent just about every day on campus for about four or five hours with the exception of Wednesday because it was Argentina's Independence Day.


The schedule for each day is completely different than the rest. For instance, on Monday I go on the college campus at 10 but on Wednesday, I don't go on campus until 4. Even though we go at different times each day, we usually are there for about five hours.


In those five hours that I am on campus, I work with my team. My team consists of five other people. We start off by just praying for our day on campus and the students we will encounter. Next, we pair off either girl-girl, boy-boy, or girl-boy. We then walk around seeing if any students are available to chat. The first question I ask anyone is 'Hables ingles' which is 'Do you speak English'? If there answer is yes, then I ask them if they would take a picture survey about life, their beliefs, and God. (Sidenote: This picture survey we use is called Soularium. It is an AMAZING tool to use to get to know someone before presenting the Gospel to them. It is also a great way to understand a person's background and thoughts on God). Throughout the survey, I try to ask more questions than just the five questions listed for the survey to get to know the person better. At the end of the survey, it will go a couple of different ways: the person has to go to class so I will get their contact information and try to meet up with them again, I will share my testimony and beliefs, they are not interested in the Gospel but are willing to listen to what I have to say, OR they are interested in the Gospel and are willing to hear about it. I have seen all of these scenarios already. For me personally, it is important to not get bogged down if someone does not want to hear the Gospel. The important thing is to remember that God is using me as His vessel to do His Work. It is all about planting the seed and allowing Him to sow it.

I do alot of walking around asking people if they would like to take the survey or if they speak English. It can be draining at times, but there is no hurry through it. If I am tired, then I stop, rest, and pray. If I am hungry, I go get a quick bite to eat. Whenever I do meet someone, I try to make sure I am engaged in the conversation as much as possible, so the time in between conversations is very valuable for getting re-energized. The amazing thing about the people in Argentina is that they care soo much for relationship and value them greatly, which is why it is so easy to talk to people here. They would rather talk and hang out with us than go to class (I think this would apply in the States too Haha).

So far, after only being here in Argentina for 2 weeks, we have seen almost TEN people come to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. God is doing some amazing things already here! I can't wait to see what else He is going to do while we are here!

Until next time,
K

0 comments:

Post a Comment