Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Songs #5: L-O-V-E

I guess you could call me a hopeless romantic. I try to deny it. I try to run from it. I try to pretend that I don't fit into that category. But when I hear a love song, I will secretly download and play it over and over again. Yes. It is true. I am OBSESSED with love songs. All day. Everyday. I figured the theme of LUUUVVV songs would be appropriate for this week's Sunday Songs with Valentine's Day just a few short weeks away.

In case you are a little unfamiliar with "Sunday Songs", check out the first sunday song! Basically, I talk about my favorite songs based around a common theme.

So back to this week's theme: L-O-V-E. I enjoy the songs about love conquering all. Ones with the fairy-tale love. Ones talking about love going the distance. Ones that talk about no boundaries. Ones that can make you enjoy what you have or remind you of what is to come. Ones that lifts your spirit. Ones that tell a story of passion.

I realized the other day that the majority of the music on my mp3, is about love. My music selection is continuously growing in all genres, but the sappy songs get downloaded more frequently versus everything else.

Like always, it is hard for me to narrow down my favorite songs.  So in no particular order, here are a few of my favorite love songs:

  1. Adele - Make You Feel My Love - A good slow dance song. It's one of those songs that takes you away from the craziness of the world and cause you to focus on you and that person. It's just you and him. Favorite verse in the song: "Though winds of change are throwing wild and free, You ain't seen nothing like me yet."
  2. Jon McLaughlin - So Close - Do you not feel like you are in a fairytale when you hear this song?? Well, it makes sense it was in the movie Enchanted. Anyways, great song. A great dancing song as well.
  3. Keith Urban - Making Memories of Us -
  4. Michael Buble - Crazy Love -
  5. UB40 - Can't Help Falling in Love -
  6. Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up - So I am not going to bombard this post with Josh Groban even though I love his music. This is definitely a favorite of mine, but I can't say its my most favorite, because it's all wonderful. I know some people aren't a particular fan of his, but I enjoy it :)
  7. Savage Garden - Truly, Madly, Deeply
  8. Goo Goo Dolls - Iris - AWESOME music video.
  9. Edwin McCain - I'll Be
  10. N'SYNC - This I Promise You
  11. Alison Kraus - When You Say Nothing At All - "Old Mr. Webster could never define what is being said between your heart and mine..."
  12. Daniel Bedingfield - If You're Not the One - I got a little teary-eyed listening to it just now

This is just a small taste of what I enjoy listening to.  So there it is. My little secret has been revealed about my obsession to love songs. If you have ever gotten ahold of my music collection, you probably already knew this. I thought it was a phase of my music taste, but I think it is here to stay :)

Until next time,
K

0 comments:

Post a Comment