Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wonderful Wednesdays #2

It's Wednesday! Which means it's two more days until the weekend. I realized as I'm writing this why it is soo important for me to have a positive outlook on Wednesdays.  Wednesdays are my longest days for school.  I go from 12 until 10 will a few small breaks. It's basically like being in high school again with an eight-hour day, but just starting later. "Wonderful Wednesdays" help me to not get overwhelmed with the thought of how long my day will be, but instead focus on the joys from the previous week.

This Wonderful Wednesday will be about MY WONDERFUL WEEKEND.

I had an amazing weekend! Why? Because I got to spend time with my family. I went home on Thursday evening after my class around 7 PM.  I had been planning this since Monday and had planned on surprising my mother. Now usually when I try to surprise her, somehow she always ends up finding out.  But this time it was kept a secret all week!

So when I got home, my mother was already in bed, but my dad woke her up and told her something was wrong with James (the newest pet addition to the family since December), so of course she gets up.  Of course there was nothing wrong with little James, so when she gets downstairs, I am there waiting for her. :) My mother is not one for holding in her excitement so she was overly zealous about seeing me.

This past weekend was just what I needed: a break from the routine of school life.

I got to relax. Sleep in my comfy bed. Watch television. Play with my Daisy dog. Shop. See my church family. Workout. Go Samba dancing. Spend time with my family.

That was the best part of the weekend: spending time with my family.

I love my family. I will admit that I have missed them these past few weeks. It really has only been a few weeks since I saw them last, but it seems much longer.  Since Adam moved back home, I don't get my weekly family hangout time anymore. I think that accounted for alot of the homesickness this past week.

But the weekend was just what I needed. I'm back in Charleston. Refreshed. Ready to continue on this week and face any of the challenges that each day brings.

Until next time,
K

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment