Monday, January 10, 2011

How do YOU measure a year?

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets
In midnights, in cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife
In five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure, a year in the life?
I hope everyone had an amazing New Year's Eve. I "rang" in the New Year by praying with 1,000 other college students at Encounter with Campus Crusade. What a wonderful way to start the New Year especially since one of my resolution for 2011 is to make prayer a more active part of my life. Definitely an amazing experience, and I'm thankful I had the opportunity.

Sadly, while I was at Encounter (it was a five-day conference), a resident of College Lodge was killed in a car accident. It was pretty hard, well it still is. It is different with the residents being back and she is not one of those faces I see. She had an amazing personality and a loving heart. One of the most easiest people to talk to and was always smiling. But now, she no longer has to suffer or experience the pains of the world. She is with Our Father in Heaven.

Her death was such a reality check for me. It made me realize that life can be cut short so easily. We aren't guaranteed tomorrow so we must make the most of every opportunity. Today. Now. This Moment.

There are two songs that come to mind whenever I think of living in the moment. Both of them are from RENT and are reminders to me that I need to be making the most out of the life God has blessed me with. Life is too short to be mad at someone. Life is too short to live with regrets. Life is too short to not tell the people you love how much they really mean to you. 2011 is going to be different from 2010. Not that 2010 was a bad year, but this year, I feel like I'm more bold with love and have re-centered my life with God being more active.

I don't really know how I am going to measure this year. It would sound soo cheesy to say I'm going to measure it with "love" but its a little true. I just hope to make the most of everyday and go to sleep being thankful that I am loved in so many ways and by so many people.

So I want to ask you, how are you going to measure 2011? Are you going to make the most of it and remember the good things? Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes sound like a lot, but they fly by. It's going to be a good year no matter what. It might not go exactly how we want it, but God's Glory and Love are going to show through every situation.


Until next time,
K

0 comments:

Post a Comment