Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wonderful Wednesdays #1

A new idea for my blog. I came across the title in one of my teacher books. The concept for Wonderful Wednesdays in the book has nothing to do with what I intend on doing with it :)


I want Wonderful Wednesdays to be a reflection on the past week of something that happened. Something that was said. Something  that was given to me that stood out to me. It will be a chance for me to focus on the good things that happen in the last week and help me remember that even though I have a crazy-busy week, there is something good from it.


The topic for this WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY is: My red bike.
Well, I should say Adam's bike. He let me borrow it for the semester since he is back home.


I love having it down in Charleston with me. First off, I love riding bikes. Second, the bike is red, which is super cute! Third, I love riding bikes.


It is nice to be able to take a quick trip (in comparison to walking) to the battery to read or to do homework or to relax.


It is also nice to have my bike to run an errand somewhere downtown instead of using my car.


On Saturday, I finally got to put my bike to use because the weather was perfect. Beyond perfect. I got done with the Praxis II test, grabbed a sandwich, and headed to the Battery. There weren't alot of people out and the weather almost just right.  I relaxed and enjoyed myself. After a little while, I decided to take a cruise around the peninsula.


I wasn't on a time frame to get back and do something else. I didn't have school stuff weighing on my mind. I was away from the chaos of campus. It was nice to just be "free" and to roam around.


I think now that I have my bike, I will be able to explore and take advantage of this beautiful city I live in. I know I take it for granted by napping or staying inside when it's beautiful outside. It's time to fix that!


PS - If you are ever looking for a bike buddy, come find me!! ;)


What's something wonderful that happened to you this past week?


Until next time,
K

0 comments:

Post a Comment