Sunday, November 20, 2011

This Chapter is About to Close

December 16th marks my last day of my college life. It feels like it just started and now it is about to end. The next month is going to fly by without stopping to give me a chance to breathe.  This Tuesday is the last day of full time teaching for me, and then I begin to “phase out” next week.  It feels like I just started full time teaching. Actually, I started full time teaching seven weeks ago.  It’s all a blur of excitement, joy, tears, struggles, and many accomplishments.  I can’t believe it’s almost over.  It’s a bittersweet feeling.  I know this time would come, but I didn’t realize it would be here so soon.

My semester will be pretty much complete after December 5th, which is the day my portfolio for student teaching is due.  Once I turn all of this in, I will be done with the schoolwork portion of this semester.  After this, I will be spending a lot of time observing and making the most out of the last few days I have with my sixth grade students.
At this point in time, I am experiencing a lot of emotions. I am a little sad to be graduating and to be moving on, but I KNOW I am ready for it. It’s time. This semester has been more than wonderful, and I am thankful for every minute. But I know, it is time to move on. I can’t hold on my college life. This semester has been completely different than all my other semesters with student teaching.  I am looking forward to graduating and starting something new.  Actually, I can’t wait!! I am ready for a fresh start and new experiences.
I feel like I should be nervous and really stressed about graduating, but I am not at all. I know God has my life in His Hands and will guide me in the direction He sees fit.  If He wants me to be somewhere or some situation, then He will make that happen. God is so good and provides so much. I can’t wait for what life throws at me and to see how God is going to mold me in the future.
I hope you have a wonderful week. God bless!
Until next time,
K

0 comments:

Post a Comment