Monday, November 28, 2011

Phase Out Time

Today marks the first official day of “phasing out” for student teaching. This basically means that instead of teaching all day, I will only be teaching science.  I figured that since I only would teach two classes, I would have PLENTY of time to work on items for school. Nope! I ended up working on a million other things. It happens. I will continue “phasing out” until next Tuesday or Wednesday and then will be observing until the end of student teaching the following week.
My workload has lightened up quite a bit and now I have more time to get things done around my dorm and work on sewing projects.  As the semester comes to a close, I am starting my to-do list of everything that needs to be done either before the semester ends or before Christmas:
1.     Finish portfolio for student teaching. This is due next Monday and is my top priority for the next few days!
2.     Finish the unit plan for science. I developed a unit for science and would like to have it completely finished before I leave.
3.     Sew cooperating teacher her present.  My cooperating teacher has been absolutely wonderful this semester. Very supportive and encouraging. I am working on a little something for her to show my appreciation. I would love to have it complete before I finish, but we will see how it goes.
4.     Finish the last two programs for College Lodge (Mr. College Lodge and the Lodge T-Shirts).
5.       Figure out what to get/do for my students. I want to do a little something special for my students before I leave, but I am still not sure. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!
6.       Pack and move home. For good. Ahh! That is crazy to think that I won’t be returning to C of C in January.
7.       Finalize everything for my job starting in January. Yes! That’s right! I have a job lined up starting in January. I have not mentioned it very much because I wanted to keep it on the down low. Until I sign everything, which should be in the next week, I am not going to announce the school or position.
These are the main items I can think of off the top of my head. I am sure there are little things that I am forgetting.  I am still feeling really confident and comfortable about the rest of the semester and the start of the New Year.  I am trying to enjoy what time I have left and make the most of every opportunity.  Three more weeks of the semester. Let’s make it great!
Have a wonderful and blessed week!
Until next time,
K

0 comments:

Post a Comment