Sunday, October 16, 2011

Going with the flow.

One of my life mottos: Go with the flow.

In student teaching, I have to just go with the flow. I have to be flexible. One thing at a time. I am human. I am not superwoman.

Most days I am wishing there were an extra two hours so I was able to get more accomplished. I finally don't feel completely far behind from what I need to do during student teaching. Things are slowly fitting into place. Mind you, I still have plenty of things I need to do on a regularly basis like grade papers, formulate tests/quizzes/rubrics/powerpoints and other odds and ends, I am at least trying to stay on top of planning for the coming weeks. I am doing this for my kids. Yes, they are MY kids. I have grown to become soo protective of them. Like a mother hen and her chicks. Sure, during the day, some of them drive me a little crazy with their random outbursts and side-conversations, but at the end of the day, I would still keep all of them.

Last Thursday, I participated in the Running Club with my students. Had such a fabulous time. I ended up walking with six of my students for about thirty minutes. I really enjoyed seeing them outside the classroom. On Friday, one of the students that participated in the Running Club with me raised her hand and said, "Ms. Griffin, I had fun yesterday with you in Running Club." That made me feel good :)

Life outside of student teaching is going well. Three weeks ago, my mother came to visit and we had a WONDERFUL time together relaxing and shopping. Last weekend, I went to visit Benjamin and we had a great time going to a football game and spending time together. This weekend, I worked the desk a bunch, worked on halloween decorations, worked on lesson plans, and slept. It has been very low key weekends, which is exactly what my body needs after long weeks at school.

Looking forward to another four-day week! I hope you have a great week as well.

Much love,
K

1 comments:

Kuleigh said...

Love the list at the end. This is one thing I have a hard time remembering too!

Post a Comment