Wednesday, September 7, 2011

You know you are student teaching when...

You know you are student teaching when....
  1. You have to make 55 copies of a 15-page paper and forgot to push the SORT button on the copier.
  2. You only want to sleep when you have free time.
  3. You accidentally wear the school uniforms' colors and blend in with the students.
  4. You freaked out the first time you taught a lesson and was "in charge" of the class.
  5. You feel like you should be walking in the line with the students because for the last 18 years or so you have been called a "student"
  6. You only want to sleep when you have free time.
  7. Some of the students still have a tendency to call you Ms. and then your first name (Ex: Ms. Kacey)
  8. You wonder how you will ever be able to write lesson plans for 3 or four different classes, when it takes you at least an hour or so to write them for one class.
  9. You spend more time getting ready in the morning than while you were in classes because now you can't just roll out of bed and put whatever on.
  10. You panic at least once a week wondering if this is the career you are supposed to be doing because it feels so overwhelming right now.
  11. You sometimes get mistaken for being a student (I think this has more to do with me looking so young. Oops!)
  12. You only want to sleep when you have free time.

I know there has been more things that have occurred this past week during student teaching. Last week was my first full week of school. I was still doing alot of observing, but still interacting with the students. It has been great so far! I am realizing that sleep deprivation is in the fine print of the job description. O well! I will catch up on that during the weekends.

This week is shorter due to Labor Day and an unexpected trip home. However, I started teaching the literature class and a science class this week. I am planning the literature class lessons. We are working through The Westing Game. Yesterday we made a character analysis chart and discussed the main events going on in the story. It's an excellent book, and I am hoping to get through at much as possible before the next unit starts. In science, we are learning about the water cycle. I am teaching this class at the end of the day, so I have a lot of chatty students, but most of them seem really engaged with whats going on.

I hope you have a great day! God bless!

Until next time,
K

1 comments:

Kuleigh said...

I'm so excited for you! Being a teacher is hard work because your job doesn't end when you go home. I appreciate people like you, though! Neither of us would be about to graduate if we didn't have great teachers. It's okay to take naps, Kacey!!!

http://loursetlerenard.tumblr.com/

Post a Comment