Monday, April 4, 2011

Lent Challenge: Day 27 - Dear....

Dear Ms. Cindy,

How are you? How are things in Heaven? Is it as beautiful as they say it is?
Can you believe that I will be student teaching in the Fall?? I love it. I am so excited for it. Okay, so I might be a little nervous and scared about it.  I know it is going to be extremely challenging and probably overwhelming at times. It's during times like these, that I realize how much I miss you. I think I miss you even more when I am faced with teaching and education things. I know you would be so helpful during these times. I reminded of how nice it would be to be able to call you up when I am stressed or needing a little guidance or wanting to talk to someone about something one of my students said because it was completely ridiculous.

I got a "teacher" bag for Christmas and the first thing my dad said to me was that the bag looked like something you would have and that I reminded him of you. What a compliment. That really meant something to me. I wish you were still around. You were such an encouragement to my life. You are my second mother. You always will be. I have one of the letters you wrote to me posted on my wall. This letter came along with the blanket you gave to me for high school graduation.  In the letter you said that whenever I used the blanket that I should be reminded of your love wrapped around me. I never thought I would be able to still be able to experience your love, but recently, you proved me otherwise. Words can not experience how thankful I am for your love still being there.


It's been two years since you and Mackie joined God's choir of angels. Two years. The pain and impact of you leaving this world will always be with me. I am thankful that I got to experience your kindness and love for such a large portion of my life. Even though you aren't here now, you are still impacting my life. Thank you for your gifts. Thank you for being my angel and taking care of me.


I miss you. I love you. Continue filling up Heaven with your beautiful voice. I will see you again some day.

Love forever,
K

2 comments:

Carey said...

Sadly, I cried reading this. I just miss her so much, as do a lot of people. I wanted to write her a long happy letter like this, but I just wrote one sad paragraph for my facebook 365.

Kacey said...

Awww Carey! It's okay. It took me awhile to write this, because I kept leaning towards sad thoughts. I miss her a bunch too. I have to remind myself that she would want us to be happy and enjoy ourselves and not be sad. We will see her again. Love you!

Post a Comment