Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Songs #4: The Christmas Edition

I love Christmas. I feel like that statement is such an obvious one for most people. I love the decorations. The lights. The Christmas trees. Shopping for presents. Wrapping presents. Spending time with family. Baking and cooking. Tacky Christmas sweaters. The birth of my Savior.

There is so much to love about this season. One of my most favorite parts, usually starts at the beginning of November on the radio. CHRISTMAS SONGS. Yes, it is slightly obnoxious that Christmas music is playing before Thanksgiving, but if you think about it, there are not Thanksgiving songs, so the radio has to do something ;)

Today was the Christmas Cantata at my church.  Basically the choir sings and people play instruments and it is just a glorious time. I wasn't able to go because I am still at school, but it is another representation of why I love Christmas music.

There are a handful of songs that I could listen to over and over again and not get tired of it. The following are a few of my favorites:

1. Josh Groban - "Oh Holy Night"


This is by far my favorite version of "Oh Holy Night". It is beautiful. And sung by a beautiful man ;) But seriously, it is the best version of the song. "And in his name all oppression shall cease. Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we, With all our hearts we praise His holy name. Christ is the Lord!" We sang it at church today and it reminded me of how amazing our Savior is and how grateful I am of his birth.
2. Trans Siberian Orchestra - "Christmas Canon"

This song reminds me of car rides with the siblings. We all love this song and always sing along to it. I already enjoy Canon in D so adding the Christmas touch to it make it beautiful!
3.  Relient K - "I Celebrate the Day"

This song popped up on my Pandora this season. It really represents the change of heart I have had for the season and really showing an appreciation to the Lord for the greatest gift of all: His Son. Some of the lyrics: "And the first time That You opened Your eyes did You realize that You would be my Savior And the first breath that left Your lips Did You know that it would change this world forever And so this Christmas I'll compare the things I felt in prior years To what this midnight made so clear  That You have come to meet me here. And I, I celebrate the day That You were born to die So I could one day pray for You to save my life."
4. Mariah Carey - "All I Want for Christmas"

 
This is such a typical Christmas to like especially for girls. I feel like it is a top choice for ALOT of people. It is a perfect "dance around your room" song. (We all know those are my favorite. hehe)
5. Band Aid - "Do They Know It's Christmas"

This is another radio song for me. I enjoy it every time it comes on. For some reason, I only really like it when I am in the car with a group of people singing along with it.
 
This is just the beginning of the Christmas song list...there are tons that I enjoy listening to. I hope to get another post up next Sunday with some more songs.
 
Until next time,
K

1 comments:

Adolfo said...

Good blog kacey :D
have a great Christmas!

-Adolfo

Post a Comment