Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Summer Bucket List for 2012

I still have about three more weeks of teaching until summer break. However, my brain is telling me it is already summer. For the past three years, I have been done with school/college the first week in May, therefore I still have this mindset. If I can just make it three more weeks...

In the midst of trying to stay focused and ignore the beautiful weather and all the other exciting things going on, I decided to make a "Summer Bucket List" for all the these I want to do over the summer or will hopefully do over the summer.

Here is the start of it:

Sewing:
  1. Make flag banners for classroom decorations (See image)
  2. Complete project for corporating teacher from last semester
  3. Make button-up shirt for brother
  4. Make birthday present for the fella
  5. Make some clothing for myself (See Pinterest board!)
Reading:
  1. Mere Christianity by C.S Lewis
  2. Read two or three books on my shelf I have NOT read yet. I am a sucker for buying a book or two.
  3. Going through a devotional book for the summer. Suggestions??
Cooking/Baking:
  1. To be added to the list...Not sure what I want to make specifically
  2. Cook at least once or twice a week
  3. Suggestions on recipes??
Exercising:
  1. Exercise at least twice a week.
  2. Complete the "Couch to 5K" Challenge (Got the app on my phone!)
Planning for School:
  1. Develop Unit Plans for Biology, Chemistry, and Ecology
  2. Update and organize math units
  3. Continue building classroom library and searching for classroom materials
  4. Get organized!
Other Activities:
  1. Mission Trip to PA with PHPC Youth
  2. Trip to the beach to celebrate one of my BF's, Brittany, birthday
  3. Trip to Michigan to visit my friend, Davis
  4. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep.
  5. Pool time!
  6. Having lots of QT with the fella
  7. Spending lots of time with another BF, Erica before she heads to Mississippi
  8. Planning a wedding shower for a church friend
  9. Babysitting/house sitting jobs (Any one need a babysitter or house sitter??)
This is the start of the list. I am sure it will grow or diminish in some areas depending on what all turns up in the next few months.

I am THRILLED the weather is finally warmed up consistently, and I am ready for a fun fun summer.

Until next time,
K

0 comments:

Post a Comment